The African Regional Organisation (ARO) is an organization of the World Dental Federation (FDI).
She is the voice of dentistry in Africa.
It is a non governmental, non denominational and politically neutral.
The ARO has the following objectives:
- Promote ethical practice of dentistry in the member associations.
- Encourage cooperation between national dental associations in the African region in the areas of research, teaching, practice and public health, in the interest of improving the dental and overall health of populations the region.
- Encourage and assist the establishment of national dental associations in Africa.
- Communicate and cooperate with other dental organizations in Africa.
- Develop policies, reports and resolutions to be presented to the Council and the General Assembly of the FDI.
- Cooperate with the various organs of the FDI to promote the objectives of the ARO and the FDI in the African region.
- Promote programs and publications of the FDI.
- Nominate candidates regular member associations of the FDI, the African geographical area, counselors FDI positions.